1. Babies will eventually sleep. Really they will. Everyone is so quick to give you advice and/or tips on getting your baby to sleep. I had two sets of fucking twins trust me they will sleep. There is no magic trick or sleep training method that will work for every baby. Trust your gut and know that sleep deprivation is only just a phase of this new parenting journey.
2. NYC Playground Mommies can be judgemental catty bitches. It’s a drama filled highschool flashback. I enjoy making new friends and will often strike up a conversation and get the once over twice. Really? WTF? I just wanted to talk to another adult. I thought that by becoming a mommy I joined this sorority of sisterhood created by the bonds of motherhood. I was wrong. I’m a stupid hippie.
3. No one will ever understand having two sets of twins unless they have two sets of twins. Friends and family may get a glimpse of my beautiful madhouse but I’m alone with my husband to really understand the magnitude of this journey.
4. I will never need to buy a new pair of high heels again. EVER. I wear heels 2X a year if I’m lucky. Wearing fuck me pumps and pushing a double stroller looks dumb.
5. I really love being a parent. I was worried that I really got myself into a mess of ass-wiping and wrangling screaming snot nosed kids. Well I did and I’m so lucky and grateful for it. I love being a mom more and more each day. I have sunshine and rainbows shooting out of my ass. yay.